Monday, May 2, 2011

A Great Run

Tonight I had a great time at GYRO.  We had six (seven including me!) girls running together.  Wendy and Jess (plus Daisy!) broke off on their own, and I ran with my friends from Radford.  Jamie and Marcia are training for a 10k, and doing awesome!  They ran 5 miles (6 with walking) tonight despite the heat!!  And Beth just seriously rocked her first marathon -- I always ask her a lot of questions when we run together, because I admire her so much! :)

I am getting so pumped about the Capital City Half-Marathon this weekend.  I'll do a goals post later on in the week.  I'm planning to run again tomorrow and Wednesday, and then I'll give my legs a rest.  I'm so excited that summer is here, and I'll have more time to run.  I'm going to come up with a plan and some goals to make the most of my time.

Miles: 6
Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes (approx)

Miles this Week: 6
Miles this Month: 6

4 comments:

  1. Yay, sounds great! Good luck with your half-marathon this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds awesome!! good luck this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job! You keep me inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was so pysched about the discount too- I signed right up! Good luck at the Capital City half this weekend! I'd love to involved inovlved in some group runs or if you're ever looking for someone to train with let me know! We're only a little ways away in Salem :)

    ReplyDelete