Sunday, February 27, 2011

NASP 5K in San Francisco


This past week I was in San Francisco for the National Association of School Psychologists annual conference.  As part of the conference they held a 5K race one morning.  I was totally in!!!

I ended up talking three of my classmates into running the 5K, and we had a lot of fun!  We had to get up around 5:00am after a late night out, but it was worth it.  We loaded the buses around 6:00am and they took us out to run by the Golden Gate Bridge.  As soon as we got outside it started raining...


But we kept going, and pretty soon the rain let up.  
Here I am right at the half-way point of the race.


And here I am with Jamie and Marcia... we had a great time running together.  My other friend, Robin had taken off ahead of us, and I am so proud of her!  She has just started running in the last few months, and she is doing so well! :)


It was a beautiful way to start the day, and the closest we got to the bridge that whole week!  


Alcatraz off in the distant...


After the finish line!


We stopped to take pictures and didn't push the speed.  It was still a great run, and I'm so glad I was able to run at least once in San Francisco.  I love that I can say I've ran a race alongside the Golden Gate Bridge.  Tomorrow I'll be doing a longer run with my friend Hannah and hopefully getting myself ready for the half-marathon I have coming up in three weeks!


Miles: 5k
Time: 40 minutes

Miles this Week: 3
Miles this Month: 20

No comments:

Post a Comment