Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Take That And Rewind It Back!

Y'all, I am so excited to tell you that I broke an 8 minute mile today!!!!  I ran/walked 3 miles, sprinted a mile, and then ran/walked another mile.  It was such a great day outside today.  Spring is definitely here, and I love running with my GYRO friends.

After I run these next two half-marathons I would really like to work on speed.  I've never done anything with speed... even now I'm just getting out there and running a fast mile.  I'd really love to be able to hit up the track for some serious workouts.  I have my eye on a 5K in June, and I'd love to train for a fast speed.  So excited to see some progress! :)

Miles: 1(+4) = 5
Time: 7 minutes, 53 seconds

Miles this Week: 16.5
Miles this Month: 16.5

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your fast mile! That speedwork will help you at your upcoming half marathon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohooo you have more ambition than I do! I hate running :) Although a few weeks ago I did it because it was getting dark and I was trying to get back home and it actually felt halfway fun :)

    ReplyDelete