Saturday, September 4, 2010

Lessons Learned

I've already gotten a bit off-track with my marathon training this week, but I think I've also learned some valuable lessons...

1.  Don't try to pass today's run off on tomorrow.  I did this with Thursday's run... I thought I'd skip Thursday and just run Friday.  Needless to say, Friday's run never happened.

2.  Don't wait until the end of the day to run unless you absolutely have to.  I should have run this morning, but I didn't.  It's not that I mind running in the afternoon, but I always end up putting it off and then I typically feel worn out.  I also ended up with a terrible sinus headache and only managed to squeeze out 4 miles instead of my scheduled 5.

I'm not really pleased with my performance this week, but tomorrow's a new week.  I'll actually be running again in the morning, because we'll be leaving tomorrow to head to Washington DC for the VA Tech game Monday night.  I'm not sure I'll get any time to run on Monday so I plan on running tomorrow morning instead!

Miles: 4
Time: 46 minutes

Miles this Week: 10
Miles this Month: 7

1 comment:

  1. I've learned that you have to be super flexible and while the short runs are important, it's the long runs that are the most important!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete