Monday, August 30, 2010

Nineteen Weeks


I started training for the Disney Marathon today!!!  I was technically set to begin this 18-week program next week, but I just couldn't wait any longer so I'm adding on this week.  I think it will work out well, because this is my first week back to classes, and I really wanted to integrate my running schedule from the beginning.  Here's what my tweaked training schedule looks like...


I am VERY excited to start this program.  I feel ready for the training, and I know it will be good for me in a lot of ways.  I wore my new shoes this morning, and they felt great!


I was also able to run the entire way.  This is usually not a big deal (especially for only 3 miles!), but I ran my crazy neighborhood hill route.  I will typically walk a few minutes when I run hills, but this morning I really wanted to attack the run!  I definitely feel strong (despite my record low August miles), and I'm so happy to have started my marathon training so well.

Here I am this morning (pre-run) in my Disney Training Shirt...



Miles: 3
Time: 31 minutes, 46 seconds

Miles this Week: 3
Miles this Month: 28

5 comments:

  1. Great job and happy beginning training!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the new shoes!! they are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gave you an award on my blog...check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward for more race update to you. Nice post and picture, I love it!!!

    zbsports

    ReplyDelete