Monday, January 4, 2010

4 for the 4th

I've missed some days of training due to out trip to Houston for NYE and the fact that I've been dealing with allergies nonstop since leaving Virginia (I'm hoping that this doesn't mean I'm now allergic to Texas), but today I just knew I needed to get out there.

According to my training plan I was due for a 3-miler, but because I skipped out on a run over the weekend I decided to push for four miles.  This is the farthest I've run since beginning my training.  I was excited for the challenge, but I knew it might also be a little rough.

Unfortunately my first few miles went a lot like this: breathe, breathe, cough, breathe, breathe cough.  I kept going with the mindset of just run one mile, then run another, etc.  This worked well for me.  I would run a mile and then walk for a few minutes, and then run another mile.

I actually got a little warm on my run today, and I probably should have been more hydrated, but it went well.  It was a little tough still being sick, but I feel great for getting out there.  I love wearing my dad's Garmin while running -- I'm getting so spoiled by knowing my pace and mileage.

Miles: 4
Time: 48 minutes

Miles this Week: 4
Miles this Month: 4

No comments:

Post a Comment