Monday, April 5, 2010

Warming Up

Things are really warming up here this week!!  Last week we had a record high of 88 degrees, and tomorrow we could hit close to 90 degrees.  That feels sooooooo warm compared to our cold winter, and as much as I love this warm weather I'm learning that I may need to start scheduling my running a little earlier in the day.  This morning during my run it was probably only in the 70s, but it felt really HOT to me, and I found myself struggling with the heat a little.  Kinda pathetic for a girl who's spent most of her life in Florida and Texas.

Today I did the same 5 mile route I did last week.  I walked some, but really focused on running the hills.  I can feel myself getting stronger, and it feels great.  This morning while I was running I was thinking about the first time I ever ran 5 miles.  It was such an amazing feeling of accomplishment for me!  And now 5 miles seems like a relatively easy run for me.

Pray for Mathis' ankle -- he hurt it when starting to run again last week, and it's giving him a lot of pain.  He's frustrated because he can't be running right now, and our half-marathon is only 3 weeks away!

Miles: 5
Time: 59 minutes

Miles this Week: 5
Miles this Month: 10

No comments:

Post a Comment