Sunday, January 29, 2012

Getting Out the Door Can be the Hardest Part

I read something somewhere that talked about getting out the door often being the hardest part to running.  Can I get an amen to that?!  Saturday has become the ultimate rest day at Casa Kennington, and so I didn't get my long run in until today.  I finally got my lazy butt out the door around 4:30pm and went for a "hill run" through the neighborhood.  It had been awhile since I ran around the house, and I really need to incorporate some more hills into my running.


For some reason I always feel proud running in my Disney gear :)

My training plan had me doing speed work today, but I swapped it out for the hills.  My legs were sore at the end, but it felt pretty good.  I am definitely happy to be running more consistently again.  And sometimes I just have to remind myself it's worth it to step foot outside the door.

2 comments:

  1. I completely agree! I always have so much trouble getting out the door, but the moment I start running I have no regrets!
    P.S. I followed your blog before, but I was really busy with school so I was a little inconsistent. I'm back now and I love that you talk about running. My goal is to run my FIRST half-marathon in June (in Hawaii!). I'm really excited that there are bloggers like you out there :)

    Lauren
    prettylightsinthesky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww I love your disney gear!! no matter what I always feel 100x better once I'm 10-steps into my run than I did 10-steps before, I always think of this and it really motivates me to get out the door!! I hope you have a great week ahead of you!
    xoxo!

    ReplyDelete