Sunday, January 22, 2012

Feeling More Like a Runner Again

Yesterday morning I had plans to meet up with Kim for a long run.  Unfortunately it was raining, and we weren't able to meet up.  So Mathis and I decided to run this afternoon instead.  It was pretty tough to get going... it's was very cold (34 degrees) and gloomy today.  I almost chickened out, before we bundled up and headed out there.  As always, I am so glad to have done it!!!

We ran 7 miles, and I kept an 11 minute pace.  I walked a few times, but overall I felt pretty good.  My legs were definitely sore by the end, but I'm just happy I was able to do it.  I definitely feel like more of a runner when I get my long runs done.  I'm really excited about the Spring races we have coming up -- only three weeks until the Blacksburg Classic, and I definitely want to be in good shape by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment