Monday, December 12, 2011

Streaking, Jingle Bells, and the Lottery

I just CANNOT seem to stay updated over here!  I don't know what it is, but it's so hard for me to post on this blog. :(  Here's a quick update before I go to bed.

1.  The streak died at 10 days.  I am not upset by it.  It was great while it lasted, and it got me running again which was the whole purpose! :)

2.  I ran the Jingle Bell 5K on Saturday for the third year in a row -- definitely a fun holiday tradition.  I got to run with my running friends Kim and Meagan.  I am so grateful for them.  They stuck by me the whole time, and I had a strong finish right under 30 minutes.

3.  Mathis and I won the lottery!!!  Okay, not the real lottery, but the Cherry Blossom 10 Miler lottery! :)  We will be running in DC on April 1st, and I'm SO EXCITED!!!  I know this Spring race will motivate me, and I'm so excited that we were accepted.  Best news of the whole day.  Now we just have to get a hotel for the weekend.

Thanks to those of you who still check in over here.  Hopefully I'll blog more in the New Year.  Happy Running!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment