Monday, August 15, 2011

Well, It's a Start

I'm trying to stay positive about my re-entry into the world of running, but unfortunately all I can say about tonight's run is that it's a start.  Not the best start, but still a beginning nonetheless.

I know the mistake I made tonight.  I started off way too fast, and a mile in my foot was really hurting.  In fact it still hurts now a few hours later.  I'm not worried that I have a serious injury, I just know that I pushed it too much in the beginning.  Other culprits I'm considering: wearing heels daily at work and having my running shoe tied too tight this evening.

I had to walk most of the run tonight, but that's okay.  I'll get out there again tomorrow and remember that slow and steady wins the race!

Miles: 2.5
Time: 33 minutes, 15 seconds

Miles this Week: 2.5
Miles this Month: 13

No comments:

Post a Comment