Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Because I Wanted To

Tonight I went for a run because I wanted to.  And it felt great.  I decided to run 5 miles in the neighborhood, and I'm really pleased with how I did.  I only walked twice, and that's saying a lot for the hills we have around these parts! ;)

It was cool tonight, but I was still able to run in shorts.  I ran with my new iPod shuffle, and the music helped keep me company.  I definitely felt a little rusty.  My feet hurt the first few miles (need new shoes soon), and later on my right knee had some pain.  But nothing alarming... just my legs getting back in the game.

I have a lot of friends who are interested in starting to run, and I think I'm going to try to start a GYRO up again here soon now that the weather is starting to improve.  As Sarah says best... Get Your Run On!


Miles: 5
Time: 55 minutes, 40 seconds

Miles this Week: 5
Miles this Month: 19

No comments:

Post a Comment