Sunday, October 17, 2010

Getting Back on Track

The last few weeks have been difficult for my training.  Getting sick really tanked my running, and I'm just now starting to feel 100% better.  Today I headed out with Mathis to get a long run in of 10 miles.  I was somewhat nervous about this distance, because 9 was difficult a few weeks ago, and I haven't logged anything over 3 in the last week.

Sarah met up with us at the Huckleberry Trail, and it was a beautiful Fall day --- slightly warm, but beautiful.  Sarah had originally planned on only running the first few miles, but I talked her into running the whole 10 with me. :)  What can I say?  We had lots to talk about since we hadn't seen run together in awhile.

We ran into Blacksburg for water which added about an additional mile onto our route.  We still stopped once we hit 10 miles, and walked another mile to the end.  This was a good thing, because our legs were killing us.  I definitely think that last mile of walking helped stretch them out.

Mathis got me some chocolate milk to drink at the finish, and it tasted great.  I am so happy to be back on track with training.  It is tough, but it feels so great at the same time!

Miles: 10
Time: 1 hour, 47 minutes

Miles this Week: 10
Miles this Month: 34

1 comment:

  1. Way to get back on track! Glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete