Sunday, October 10, 2010

Freaking Out Just a Bit...

I have been sick since Thursday, and I am starting to freak out about it.  I've logged 5 miles in the last week, and that's it.  My 10 mile run this weekend felt like a really important run for me, and now I'm not sure where to pick back up.

I'm still feeling a little under the weather, but I think this will be my last day of being confined to the sofa.  I guess I'll just try to pick back up with the training tomorrow, and instead of tapering my long run this weekend I'll go for the 10 miles.  I'm going out of town this week, and there's another football game on Saturday which really messes with my training.  I guess I'll just figure it out one way or another.

Have any of y'all ever gotten sick during training?  How did you adjust your training schedule?  Did your body adapt alright after missing out on some of the runs?

Oh, and I signed up for Marathon #2 this weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Don't worry about the restful week. You might have a little trouble getting back into the groove, but you might come back feeling rested and stronger than before. Either way, it will be fine and you'll be ready. I can't believe you already signed up for marathon number 2! That's awesome. I did my first one in Feb. of 09 and I'm still not ready for a second!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...I'm impressed that you already signed up for number two. Don't worry about the runs you've missed. You can't make them up. the most important runs are your long runs. try really hard to keep on schedule with those, and just log what you can during the week (this all coming from a 1st timer here who is not worried about speed and such) hang in there and feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete