Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Ode to Fall

I'll probably be raving about the cooler weather for the next few weeks, but it makes SUCH a difference to me while running.  I absolutely LOVE it!!!!  This morning it was in the low 50s when I headed out, and to be honest at first I was pretty chilly.  But once you get over that initial chill, then it feels great.  I've found this to be true even in 30 degree weather.

Today's run was really great (thank you Fall).  My time was average, but I felt good about it.  I got in a lot of hills, and I tried to run most of them.  I think a lot during my running... mostly about the marathon, and it definitely still intimidates the heck out of me.  Some days I really don't know how I'll be able to do it, but I know that's a normal thought.  I had those same thoughts about the half.  I'm just trying to take the training one day and one week at a time.  Today I knew I could run four miles.  And I did it.  And it felt great!

Miles: 4
Time: 45 minutes, 8 seconds

Miles this Week: 7
Miles this Month: 54

No comments:

Post a Comment