Monday, August 23, 2010

Back in the Saddle


I've logged very little miles this month, but I'm honestly alright with it.  We enjoyed our two weeks of vacation with family in Texas, and this last week I've been trying to get back into the groove of being back at home.  I know that in a matter of weeks my life will be taken over by marathon training, and I'm trying to enjoy these last few weeks of sleeping in on Saturdays and not spending my days worried about my mileage. :)

But tonight I got back in the saddle, and I ran GYRO with Sarah and Wendy on the good ol' Huckleberry Trial.  I made a few observations during my run...

1.  I love Virginia weather, and I hope I never take it for granted.
2.  I love my friends, and running with them makes the miles fly by.
3.  I love running, and I cannot go longer than a week before I get a strong itch to lace up my shoes.

And speaking of shoes, I finally ordered some new running shoes over the weekend!  They shipped today, and I cannot wait until they get here!!!  It's definitely a little bittersweet to get rid of my old shoes... we've had some GREAT memories together, but it's all a part of the journey.  So excited to start my journey to 26.2!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)


Miles: 4
Time: 46 minutes

Miles this Week: 4
Miles this Month: 22

No comments:

Post a Comment