Monday, May 3, 2010

Hot and Humid

Today I stepped out for my three mile run around 2:30, and it was sooooooo hot and humid.  Hot + humid + hills = one defeated Nicki.  I still got out there and did it, but the run owned me.  I was sweating and huffing and puffing.  Not a glamourous, feel-good run, but I still feel good that I did it.  Isn't that the way it always goes? :)  Running doesn't always feel good, but you'll always feel good for doing it!

I've started a new training program, because I decided I like having a program to follow.  I'm going to follow this Spring training program from the wonderful Hal Higdon.  It'll be my summer running program, and then in August/September I'll start training for Disney!!!!!! :)  This new plan has some fun elements, and I'm excited to spice things up a bit.  I'm really hoping to improve my speed and pace although today's run certainly wouldn't show it!

Miles: 3
Time: 34 minutes 54 seconds

Miles this Week: 3
Miles this Month: 3

No comments:

Post a Comment