Monday, December 7, 2009

3.5

This morning Mathis and I headed out to the Huckleberry Trail.  I knew I wanted to get a long run in, and I get tired of running the loop around the neighborhood.

Here I am sporting my new running gear and ready to face the cold! :)



It felt SOOOOOO cold this morning when we first started.  I think it was right around 32 degrees.  I finally warmed up, and I even took my gloves off at some point.

I really felt great for most of the run.  Mathis said I started a little fast, so I worked to slow it down.  There was a lot of snow still left on the ground, and a few of the bridges were icy so I had to be careful.



But I LOVE running on the Huckleberry.  The few times I've ran there, I've really enjoyed it!  I think it has helped that I first ran with Sarah, and now with Mathis.  Mathis stayed by my side the entire time, and I am always so motivated to run with someone next to me.  At the end we ran up a hill, and I really wanted to stop but he encouraged me to keep going.  He even held my hand the last few minutes. :)  I love that we are able to run together -- I know we won't always run at the same pace, but to both be running is a great thing.

Here I am at the finish "icing" my legs in the snow. :)  Mathis thought I was silly for doing this, but last night I read an article about how cold water/ice are really great for your legs after running.  It felt really good too!



I'll run again on Wednesday, and then on Saturday is our Jingle Bells 5K in downtown Roanoke!

Miles: 3.5
Time: 45 minutes

Miles this Week: 3
Miles this Month: 5.5

4 comments:

  1. Great job!! Keep it up--you look cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go, that's awesome! You're brave for running in those temps. It was in the low 30's in Texas on Saturday morning and I stayed inside :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so brave for running in the snow like that! It's been in the 20s here lately, and I've been doing most of my running in the gym. I think I need to suck it up and get out there!

    ReplyDelete