Sunday, November 8, 2009

GYRO with Sarah

I hadn't planned on running today, but my friend Sarah who just completed her first marathon asked me to go running with her.  I was VERY intimidated to go running with her, but excited at the chance to have such a great motivator!

We ran on the Huckleberry Trail, and Sarah showed me the mile breakdowns of the trail.  We ran a full two miles, walked some more, and then ran again.  I think we ran close to 3 miles and did a total of 4 miles with walking.  It was TOUGH, but I feel so great now.  I know the only reason I kept going is because I had Sarah next to me.

My breathing was all over the place -- I was huffing and puffing like crazy, but I did it and it felt great!  I will continue to work on my breathing, but I didn't have any cramps so that's good!

Sarah was a great encouragement to me along the way.  She taught me a few "tricks" and we talked about how so much of running is mental.  She also told me that the Charlottesville marathon I was thinking about running is NOT a good race (very hilly), so Mathis and I are now thinking about running a half in March in NC.

Miles: 3
Time: 34 minutes-ish

Miles this Week: 3
Miles this Month: 7.75

1 comment:

  1. Send me your running schedule, I want to start it! :) I am not planning any future marathons or half marathons, I do however want to run and I get a schedule and then get bored.. Help a sister out!! I will run with you!! :)

    ReplyDelete