Monday, November 23, 2009

2.25

Today was cold (45 degrees) and misting rain, but I still got out there and did it!  I thought about going to the rec center to run on the treadmill, but then I decided to make the best out of the weather conditions.  The inside of my shins are REALLY sore right now, and so that made it really tough to run.  Mathis assures me that this is normal for someone who's a total beginner.  I'm trying not to let it get me down, but it's slightly annoying -- I don't want to push it too hard at the beginning and make the soreness worse, but I'm also a little frustrated with how hard it makes it to run.

On a more positive side, I've spent the past few days reading lots of running blogs for encouragement.  I've listed a few of them in my sidebar to the right.  I absolutely LOVE to read people's experiences and thoughts about running.  It really motivates me when I read about others who have accomplished their running goals. :)

Miles: 2.25
Time: 28 minutes

Miles this Week: 2.25
Miles this Month: 17.5

2 comments:

  1. Try ice on your shins after you run and also try stretching your calves before and after each run. I have been running for over 10 years and my shins are still sore after running on asphalt or concrete but each run they get a little better :) Keep up the GREAT work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! I'm running my first half marathon in January and I was never actually a "runner" before. I agree that it is all mental and if you set your mind to it you can do it. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete