Sunday, February 12, 2012

Makes Me Stronger

On Thursday afternoon I ran 5 (hilly) miles.  Driving home from work I was slightly dreading the run. It was cold outside, and all I wanted to do was change into sweatpants and plop myself down on the couch.

But then I thought a little more about it. And while lazing around the house is so appealing, it's not who I want to be. I want to be strong. I want to take care of myself, and I want to push myself to be the best that I can be. So I changed into some warm clothes and got my butt outside the door. It was a good run. I walked some, but I was doing it. I was making myself stronger.

I haven't done a long run this weekend. It is bitterly cold and windy, and I'm just not going against the 20-30mph winds we have right now. Today's high is 17 degrees, y'all. So this afternoon I'm hoping to get myself off to the rec center where I can hop on a treadmill. It won't be easy. I'll likely want to stay put at home, but I'm going to remind myself that I want to be strong. It's one choice at a time. And speaking of choices, I've been trying to be smarter with my eating choices. Today I'm proud to say that I've lost 3.4 pounds in the past few weeks.  I can see a difference in my clothes, and most importantly I feel stronger.

1 comment:

  1. Love that shirt!!
    Are you running the Blacksburg Classic tomorrow?

    ReplyDelete