Sunday, September 11, 2011

I Promise I Ran This Week Plus a Race On the Horizon!!

Ok, I did run this week even though it didn't make the blog.  I ran 5 miles with Kim on Wednesday and felt great.  Yesterday I only did 3 miles -- a little pathetic, but I'm not beating myself up over it.  Part of my lack of motivation has been the lack of races ahead in my future.  I had previously hoped to run the Star City Half again this year, but it's on the same day my parents arrive from Texas.  Not only that, but the registration has increased this yea.r  $49 is still a decent price for a half, but I'm just not feeling that kind of money for a race right now.

Tonight I found the perfect Fall race to get my butt back into gear.  On October 22nd there is a 10 Miler in Roanoke.  The race benefits Alzheimer's which is a cause near and dear to my heart.  I am REALLY excited to know that I have a good race on my calendar again.  I'm off to go make a training plan. :)  Have a great week!!

Miles this Week: 8
Miles this Month: 15

1 comment:

  1. you're so brave to do runs around here with all our mountains!

    ReplyDelete