Monday, August 29, 2011

My Feet Hurt

And I think I know why:

Today when I started running my feet began to hurt.  They tingled and felt really sore.  This is exactly what happened to me a few weeks ago.  I really think it's from wearing high heels all day.  My high heels are good shoes, but they're still putting a strain on my feet and my legs.  I've known that it's not great for runners to wear these shoes with a heel, but my choices are limited right now.  I'm thinking if I alternate flats some throughout the week that maybe it will be okay.  

Has anyone else dealt with this??

For now I'm just glad I was able to get out there and do the miles.  They were slow, but I know it's going to take me awhile to build up my endurance again.  Gotta start from somewhere! :)

Miles: 3
Time: 35 minutes

Miles this Week: 3
Miles this Month: 35

2 comments:

  1. Thankfully I wear running shoes when I am at work in the operating room, so not a problem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always have an extra pair of somewhat dress shoes at school. When I'm teaching or walking around the school during school hours I wear the nice shoes and then I switch to more comfy shoes during the other times.
    I also have a pair of Vibrams that I put on as soon as I get in the car. They do such a great job at stretching my toes out. Your feet will get used to the high heels, or at least mine always do. And I buy nice shoes which is why I don't go shoe shopping all the time; they tend to fit my feet better and have more padding.
    It's hard trying to be a fashionable professional and comfy at the same time, huh?

    ReplyDelete