Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Terrific Treadmill Tuesday

This afternoon I was itching for a run, but the high temps made me weary of running outside.  So off to the rec center I went!  I was happy to see that all the treadmills were open!!  I took this as a great sign.  Usually I loathe running on the treadmill, but I keep hoping we'll one we'll put the past behind us and become friends.

I walked and talked to my mom on the phone for the first mile (16:00 minutes), and then I set myself at a 10:00 pace for the next two miles.  It felt sooooooooooo good to be running.  I had my iPod shuffle with me, and I was even dancing a bit on the treadmill while I ran.  The last quarter of a mile I bumped my speed to an 8:30 pace, and again it felt sooooooo good.  Not sure why this run felt so great, but it just did.  I would have kept going, but it's the last night our family is in town so I kept the run short.  Just hoping this is the first of many happy treadmill runs to come this summer!

Miles: 3
Time: 36 minutes

Miles this Week: 9
Miles this Month: 33

1 comment:

  1. Woot! I am becoming friends with the treadmill too since the temps are SO hot!

    ReplyDelete