Wednesday, December 29, 2010

MUCH Better

This afternoon I was able to run outside, and it was GLORIOUS!!!!  The weather was a balmy 36 degrees, and it felt great!  The snow plows came through again today to clean up the streets, and I didn't have to dodge much snow/ice at all.

My run was slow, but it felt soooooooo good.  It restored my confidence a lot, and it made me realize that I do so much better outside than on a treadmill.  I thought a lot on my run today, and it really helped clear my mind.  I love to think and pray while running -- it's so good for me.  I'm planning on running 3 miles tomorrow (maybe back inside if it rains), and then Friday I'll do my last long run of the year and before the marathon.  We are forecasted to hit 50 degrees on Friday... PRAISE THE LORD! :)

And today I read a great little fact about running from this CNN article... People who run for at least four hours a week melt more calories than non-runners, even when they're not running.  How great is that?!?!  Yet one more reason to love running!

Miles: 6
Time: 1 hour, 12 minutes

Miles this Week: 9
Miles this Month: 69

1 comment: