Thursday, July 29, 2010

Mickey Medal

Not much to report in terms of running this week.  I'm getting some much needed r&r, and looking forward to the GYRO 10K this weekend at the same time!

But I did get an exciting email from Disney today!  After letting people vote on a medal design for the marathon, they announced the winning medal.

On January 9, 2011 I will be wearing this medal with great pride around my neck...


Although I slightly favored another design, I really like this design.  It's classic, and it will definitely be my motivation to keep going past mile 20.  I tweaked my marathon training program a bit today, and I'm slightly nervous about fitting in all the miles.  I think once I get started with my fall schedule I'll know a little bit more what to expect.  Either way, I've been dreaming about this marathon for a long time now! :)

2 comments: