Tuesday, June 29, 2010

New Training Program

Since I won't officially start training for Disney until the Fall, this summer has been a lot about maintenance for me.  But I find that I do best when I have a plan.  Last week I downloaded the new Runner's World app on my iPhone, and I decided to set up a 5 week training plan for the GYRO 10K!!!



The app is pretty cool.  I really love the fact that it's customizable.  I entered my most recent 5K time, my goals, and voila! :)  I was surprised to see that it had me running most runs at an 11:56 pace.  Wednesday is set aside for speedwork, but the rest of the days keep me nice and easy.  I think I needed this reminder.  Tonight I ran four miles and was 3 seconds under my training pace of 11:56 a mile!  The run felt GREAT. It wasn't as hot as it's been, and running at a slower pace allowed me to be more consistent in tackling the hills.  I was a little rusty... my mileage has been next to nothing this month, but I know I can pick it up.  This program has me running 20-25 miles a week, and I'm really excited to see my mileage increase.  My goal at the end of this program is to run the 10K in 1 hour.  I'll let you know how it goes!

Miles: 4
Time: 47 minutes, 41 seconds

Miles this Week: 4
Miles this Month: 38

No comments:

Post a Comment