Wednesday, June 2, 2010

National Runner's Day!!

Happy National Runner's Day!!  In addition to running with GYRO tonight I was also able to swing by our library and pick up some fun running books.  I'm starting with Born to Run, and it's already so interesting!  I really shouldn't be spending my time reading non-school related books right now, but I just can't help myself.

I hope that you were able to celebrate National Running Day in some small way.  Mathis celebrated this morning by running 3 miles in 24 minutes.  I am so proud of his pace!!!!  I'm curious where my true pace is at right now, because a lot of my runs are being done with other GYRO members so I definitely slow it down (which is fine for the time being), but I don't have a real awareness of where my own personal pace is at.  Maybe sometime soon I'll try to fit in a fast run or some speed work.  In the mean time I'm enjoying the company of others while running and excited to see new people beginning or getting back into this wonderful sport!

Miles: 3
Time: 35 minutes

Miles this Week: 8
Miles this Month: 3

No comments:

Post a Comment