Saturday, May 29, 2010

2 miles, 4 times

Today Mathis and I ran 8 miles, or as I like to think about it... 2 miles, 4 times! :)  Running is so mental that sometimes I like breaking up the longer runs into smaller increments.  I may worry about running 8 miles, but 2 miles?  I can run 2 miles!  Today I ran 2 miles, stopped and took a short walking break, and then ran 2 more miles, etc. until I had completed a total of 8.

I really enjoyed the run today.  I always seem to like the longer distances, and my legs are tired right now which feels goooooooooood.  It did get pretty warm out there.  We finished running around noon, and by then the temps were rising.  Still nothing compared to the heat in Texas, but I'll probably start waking up earlier on the weekends to avoid the heat of the day.

I didn't hit my goal of 20 miles for the week, but I came pretty close.  I'm not stressing over it... we had some other pretty important things going on this past week. :)

Today I have to give a shout-out to my beautiful sister-in-law Shelly who ran a 5K this morning!  Shelly has been a runner for a long time, and she continues to make time to run despite working full-time and raising two of the cutest children I know.  Shelly inspires me in so many ways.


Congratulations on this great accomplishment, Sister!!! :)


Miles: 8
Time: 1 hour, 26 minutes

Miles this Week: 15
Miles this Month: 39

1 comment:

  1. OMGosh! you are so crazy sister! I miss you!! You are the inspriration that I look to so many times during my life's journey, not just with running, but with school and Jesus! You make me smile! :)

    ReplyDelete