Friday, February 12, 2010

8 Mile


Today I had one of the best runs EVER!!!  Mathis and I knew we needed to get a long run in at some point this weekend, and since we're supposed to get a little bit of snow in the morning we decided to go this afternoon.  We run completely different routes, but it's still encouraging to know that we are both running.

I was a little unsure about how my run today would go.  I had planned on trying to get 8 miles done, but I was nervous because I'd be doing the mileage on my own and I was running loops in our neighborhood instead of running on the Huckleberry Trail.

I started out SLOW... I knew that if I was going to do this I did not want to feel tired 2 miles in.  It was pretty cold outside (mid 20s) and I never got hot.  I really, really enjoyed my run today.  I knew that it would feel good to get this mileage done, and I just really soaked up the time outside.  A lot of times I will stop half-way through my run to stretch, but I never once stopped this afternoon.  I knew that I could, but I just felt so GREAT.  My breathing felt right.  My legs felt strong.  Everything clicked.  I ran very slow, but it felt soooooooo good.  I didn't care about my timing, because I was soaking up every minute of my running.  I could have kept running past 8 miles today, and knowing that feels so great.  I am very excited for my 10 mile race next weekend.  :)

And the other great running news today is that my dad is giving me his Garmin!!!!!  I have become so attached to this amazing piece of technology, and I'm thrilled I'll get to continue to train with it.  Thanks, Dad!!!



Miles: 8
Time: 1 hour 40 minutes

Miles this Week: 20
Miles this Month: 24.5

1 comment:

  1. That is so awesome AND inspiring! You are going to do so great in your marathon!

    ReplyDelete