Saturday, April 7, 2012

For the Love of the Run

My running lately has been pretty blah -- I just haven't felt it.  I know that I'll continue to run my whole life (God willing), but recently I have sorta dreaded my runs.  Even the race last week was this way -- I did it and enjoyed it, but my heart wasn't completly in it.  In fact I only ran once this week -- a short three mile run on Wednesday.  My body just hasn't seemed to click when running.  I haven't been too worried about it -- I know certain seasons come and go, but I've also been secretly wondering if or when I would find that love for running again.

For some strange reason it happened this morning.  I absolutely L-O-V-E-D my run.  I met up with Meagan for a longer run at 8:00am.  It was in the 30s so I bundled up, and we headed out.  We kept a 10:01 pace, and after the first few miles I wasn't sure I was going to be able to keep it up.  But as we kept going I realized I felt SO good.  Yes, it was still tough, but I was LOVING every minute of it.  I loved it so much that when Meagan left after 7 miles I went back out and ran another 4 miles on my own.  I really think the weather had a lot to do with it -- I thrive in cooler weather, and the morning couldn't have been any more beautiful.  I did a lot of praying on my last few miles, and I soaked up the beauty of Spring.  Everything here is so gorgeous right now, and I love to be outside.

I am so grateful for such an awesome run -- not only was it fast and long, but it felt fantastic.  I'm definitely excited for the Blue Ridge Half in a few weeks.  This morning was just what I need to remind me how much I love to run.

No comments:

Post a Comment