Sunday, March 11, 2012

Getting Back Into It

I'm thankful to say that I ran 4 times this past week.  After having been sick, I was able to run 3 miles on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday.  The miles felt okay, and I was grateful to be getting back into it.  Yesterday I met up with Meagan for my first long run since the Blacksburg Classic two weeks ago.  I was NOT feeling it when I woke up, and the only thing that got my butt out the door was knowing Meagan would be waiting for me. :)  I am SO THANKFUL for the accountability of running buddies.  The run was T-O-U-G-H, but we did it.  I had left my Garmin at home -- I could have sworn we were keeping a 12 minute pace, but in actuality we kept a 10:20 pace.  The weather was really great -- cool enough with beautiful blue skies.  Even though I felt like a slug, I was still happy to be running on the trail.  And when I got back I went straight for my morning coffee...


There's nothing that feels better than knowing you did it.  I love the feeling of knowing I got myself out there and overcame the obstacles.  With daylight savings I'm hoping to increase the distance on some of my weekly runs.  Spring is here, and I'm ready to run!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment